Introducing Zero to Monadnock!
An 8-week training program to give you the confidence & endurance you need to climb America’s most popular mountain!
Are you ready to make some changes, but aren’t sure where to start?
Do you love being outdoors, but hate feeling like you can’t keep up with your friends & family?
Are you tired of focusing on the scale – only to be discouraged when it doesn’t budge?
Health & fitness often equate to pain & suffering, but it doesn’t have to be that way.
Because despite what our culture tells you, it’s not how much you weigh, but how much you live that matters most.
And more than anything, THAT‘s what we want out of this winding, crooked, unpredictable journey.
Not just to endure it, but to feel alive.
While I’ll never discourage anyone from spending time in the gym, it’s not for everyone. And during some of New England’s most beautiful months, it’s tough to stay inside.
So why not head outdoors to build strength & endurance on our local trails?
And the payoff isn’t just about what happens on the scale.
It’s about feeling strong & sturdy enough to experience life in ways that are most meaningful to you.
In this one-of-a-kind program, you’ll focus on how to get your body fit & strong enough to savor the views atop southern New Hampshire’s most cherished mountain – Mount Monadnock.
By outlining a specific plan of action, this program provides –
- An 8-week training calendar that tells you exactly what to do each day – with the flexibility to shift days as needed to accommodate your schedule.
- A list of local trails to choose from each week, with links to local trail maps, which will help you build the endurance you’ll need for the big climb.
- The option to attend in-person training events & a group hike up Monadnock this fall.
- A program e-book designed to get you ready for the outdoors, including hiking FAQs (i.e. what to wear, what to pack, hiking safety, tick safety & what to do if you encounter wild animals); how to follow trail markers; information on hydration & fueling for a hike; how to shape your environment for success; and a list of outdoor resources.
- A downloadable “Hiking Checklist” so you’ll always have a quick reminder about what you’ll need to pack.
- Weekly email newsletters with reminders about the plan each week, a snapshot of the weather & upcoming training events.
But making changes can be tough – so to help you reach your goals, you’ll also receive downloadable worksheets that will guide you through:
- Identifying your values
- Outlining an action plan
- and planning for obstacles
How will you benefit?
By combining the well-documented benefits of time outdoors with those of physical activity, you’ll be poised to improve your overall health & sense of well-being.
- Accountability – you’ll be introduced to a community of others working towards the same goal so you won’t feel alone, and you’ll have others cheering you on if you struggle or veer off-track.
- Sustainable pace – though you’ll feel challenged as you work through each week, you’ll have 8 full weeks to build up the stamina you’ll need for the big climb.
- Less thinking, more doing – you already know that physical activity is good for you, but with a specific plan & support in place, you’ll be able to follow through.
- Getting to know local trails – the Monadnock region offers dozens of local hikes that you’ll get to enjoy while getting conditioned for the big hike.
- Practicing skills that you’ll use throughout your life – hiking is a great way to stay active, and the skills you’ll learn here you can practice throughout your life as you explore your favorite spots.
Is this program for me?
This program is for you if you can answer “yes” to the following questions –
- Do you want to make healthy changes, but aren’t sure where to start?
- Can you walk at least 3 miles on flat, stable ground in one hour?
- Are you ready to challenge yourself & veer out of your comfort zone?
- Do you have an enthusiasm for the outdoors?
- Are you interested in a non-weight-loss related goal to improve your health?
- If necessary, have you been cleared by your doctor for moderate to intense physical activity?
This program may not be for you if –
- You are currently sedentary & cannot walk at least 3 flat miles in one hour.
- You are experiencing moderate to severe limitations in mobility.
- You aren’t ready to challenge yourself or leave your comfort zone.
- You have risk factors such as high blood pressure, high cholesterol, a BMI over 30, prediabetes or diabetes, and/or you have not received clearance from your doctor for moderate to intense physical activity.
Note that if you’d like to participate but are still sedentary, your best option is to spend 4 to 6 months building endurance through walks & easy hikes. Then you might consider joining us for a future spring program to hike Monadnock next summer.
Okay, but who are you?
- I’m Sonya – a Certified Health Coach specializing in improving physical & mental health through outdoor activity, step-by-step behavior change & a guilt-free approach to nutrition.
- I base my coaching strategies on the established benefits of physical activity, positive psychology & time outdoors.
- I hold a B.S. in Wildlife Biology & an M.S. in Biology, and I have over 20 years of experience in wildlife, ecology, conservation education & engaging people with the outdoors.
The best part?
You’ll get all of this for just a fraction of the cost of a trainer or personal coach.
In most cases, you’ll pay more than $50 per hour for personal training or coaching. If you consider that most clients work with a trainer at least 2 days per week, the average cost of working with a trainer may be over $400 per month.
Even if you purchase a package deal or join a group-based coaching program, most programs cost upwards of $150 to $350 per month. And that only buys you their time during the session – it doesn’t buy you support & guidance in between sessions & it doesn’t necessarily connect you with others who are looking to reach the same goal.
Yet this program is only a one-time charge of $149 for the full 8 weeks of training.
In other words, you need only invest $2.66 per day in yourself – less than the price of a single tea or coffee on the way to work – and you’ll be on your way to increasing physical activity, improving your health & forging friendships with others on the same adventure.
Want to join with a friend?
Though you’ll be connected with others who are working towards the same goal, sometimes it’s extra motivating to have a personal friend, partner, or spouse join you on your journey.
If you’d like to sign up with a friend, contact me here with the contact information for you & your friend & you’ll each receive a discount code for $15 off the registration price!
Live outside of the Monadnock Region or want to use a more self-directed approach?
If you don’t live nearby or want to do the program on your own, you can purchase the Basic Package to gain access to the training calendar, program e-book & hiking checklist.
Don’t let life pass you by….
Life is short – and your body is the only vehicle you’ll ever have to experience this extraordinary world.
If you’re ready to help it become strong & healthy enough to explore all of the beautiful things you have yet to see, or would love to see again, join me this summer in preparing to experience the awe of Mount Monadnock!
Choose your package!
If you’re ready to get started, choose your package below. Though please note that the current roster for the Premium Package is full, and any new sign-ups will be placed on the waiting list for Spring 2018.
*Note: if you would like to sign up for the Premium Package after August 1st, you will placed on a waiting list for Spring 2018.