Introducing Zero to Monadnock!
An 8-week training program to give you the confidence & endurance you need to climb America’s most popular mountain!
Are you ready to make some changes, but aren’t sure where to start?
Do you love being outdoors, but hate feeling like you can’t keep up with your friends & family?
Are you tired of focusing on the scale – only to be discouraged when it doesn’t budge?
Health & fitness often equate to pain & suffering, but it doesn’t have to be that way.
Because despite what our culture tells you, it’s not how much you weigh, but how much you live that matters most.
And more than anything, THAT‘s what we want out of this winding, crooked, unpredictable journey.
Not just to endure it, but to feel alive.
While I’ll never discourage anyone from spending time in the gym, it’s not for everyone. And during some of New England’s most beautiful months, it’s tough to stay inside.
So why not head outdoors to build strength & endurance on our local trails?
And the payoff isn’t just about what happens on the scale.
It’s about feeling strong & sturdy enough to experience life in ways that are most meaningful to you.
In this one-of-a-kind program, you’ll focus on how to get your body fit & strong enough to savor the views atop southern New Hampshire’s most cherished mountain – Mount Monadnock.
By outlining a specific plan of action, this program provides –
- An 8-week training calendar that tells you exactly what to do each day – with the flexibility to shift days as needed to accommodate your schedule.
- A list of local trails to choose from each week, with links to local trail maps, which will help you build the endurance you’ll need for the big climb.
- A program e-book designed to get you ready for the outdoors, including hiking FAQs (i.e. what to wear, what to pack, hiking safety, tick safety & what to do if you encounter wild animals); how to follow trail markers; information on hydration & fueling for a hike; how to shape your environment for success; and a list of outdoor resources.
- A downloadable “Hiking Checklist” so you’ll always have a quick reminder about what you’ll need to pack.
How will you benefit?
By combining the well-documented benefits of time outdoors with those of physical activity, you’ll be poised to improve your overall health & sense of well-being.
- Sustainable pace – though you’ll feel challenged as you work through each week, you’ll work at your own pace to build the stamina you’ll need for the big climb.
- Less thinking, more doing – you already know that physical activity is good for you, but with a specific plan, you’ll be able to follow through.
- Getting to know local trails – the Monadnock region offers dozens of local hikes that you’ll get to enjoy while getting conditioned for the big hike.
- Practicing skills that you’ll use throughout your life – hiking is a great way to stay active, and the skills you’ll learn here you can practice throughout your life as you explore your favorite spots.
Is this program for me?
This program is for you if you can answer “yes” to the following questions –
- Do you want to make healthy changes, but aren’t sure where to start?
- Can you walk at least 3 miles on flat, stable ground in one hour?
- Are you ready to challenge yourself & veer out of your comfort zone?
- Do you have an enthusiasm for the outdoors?
- If necessary, have you been cleared by your doctor for moderate to intense physical activity?
This program may not be for you if –
- You are currently sedentary & cannot walk at least 3 flat miles in one hour.
- You are experiencing moderate to severe limitations in mobility.
- You aren’t ready to challenge yourself or leave your comfort zone.
- You have risk factors such as high blood pressure, high cholesterol, a BMI over 30, prediabetes or diabetes, and/or you have not received clearance from your doctor for moderate to intense physical activity.
Okay, but who are you?
- I’m Sonya – a Certified Health Coach specializing in improving physical & mental health through outdoor activity, step-by-step behavior change & a guilt-free approach to nutrition.
- I base my coaching strategies on the established benefits of physical activity, positive psychology & time outdoors.
- I hold a B.S. in Wildlife Biology & an M.S. in Biology, and I have over 20 years of experience in wildlife, ecology, conservation education & engaging people with the outdoors.
What will it cost?
For the full training calendar, the program e-book with information about safety, ticks, fueling, and more, and the full hiking checklist, you’ll pay only $25.
And if you sign up with a buddy, you can contact me here for a special discount code and you’ll pay only $19!
Don’t let life pass you by….
Life is short – and your body is the only vehicle you’ll ever have to experience this extraordinary world.
If you’re ready to help it become strong & healthy enough to explore all of the beautiful things you have yet to see, or would love to see again, sign up now to experience the awe of Mount Monadnock this coming spring!
*Note: the Premium Package, which includes additional online support and personal coaching, may be available in Spring 2018. If you are interested in this package, please contact me here.