For many of us, the holidays mean connecting with friends and family, enjoying delectable treats & engaging in an endless stream of classic TV specials.
Yet despite their charm, the holidays can also be one of the most stressful times of the year. Between finances, social commitments, family dynamics, and a host of other stress-inducing circumstances, they can leave us feeling dazed, disgruntled & defeated.
Am I supposed to tip the mailman?
What about my hair stylist?
Should I get something for my daughter’s teacher?
Are we doing that white elephant office party again?
Should we get my in-laws a hotel room?
Can I just sleep for the next month?
DAMMIT THESE COOKIES LOOK NOTHING LIKE THEY DID ON PINTEREST!
While the holidays may be beaming with holly jolly fun, they aren’t without their fair share of angst.
But instead of spending this season feeling frazzled, what if you could learn to manage your stress & expectations in a new way?
One that offered you peace & resilience?
And one that allowed you to thrive instead of simply survive this “most wonderful time of the year?”
During this 2-hour session designed with women in mind, we’ll focus on equal parts learning, connecting & positivity, including:
- Methods to identify stress & specific stressors
- Guided activities to improve mindfulness & regain control of your thoughts
- Perspective-building exercises to calm your mind & body
But we know that it’s easy to be motivated during a program, only to get discouraged once you return to real life. So we’ve built in tools to help you succeed after you leave, which include:
- Downloadable worksheets that help you reframe & redirect stress
- Accountability practices throughout the season to help you feel supported
- In-person & e-newsletter follow-up with coaches to keep you on track
How you’ll benefit
We aren’t here to share a bunch of motivational quotes that make you feel FAB, only to leave you wondering… “now what?”
Rather, we’re here to help you take actionable steps to reduce stress & tame tension amidst the holiday hubbub.
When you join us, you’ll get:
- Strategies that work – we’ll share strategies based on the science of mindfulness, stress & positive psychology that you can apply to your own life without any need for special skills or equipment.
- Connections & accountability – connect with other women facing the same struggles & working on the same skills. You’ll also have others cheering you on throughout the season if you veer off-track.
- Support – get additional support from coaches throughout the season so you won’t be left hanging after the session is over.
- Skills that you’ll use throughout your life – though we’re focused on the holidays, the skills you’ll develop here you can practice throughout your life to reduce stress & regain control of your thoughts.
When can you attend?
Join us in the heart of the Monadnock Region just as the holiday season kicks into high gear:
Thursday, November 30th
From 5:30 to 7:30pm
At the Peterborough Town Library
2 Concord Street
*If you’d like to attend but can’t make it on the 30th, please contact us HERE to be placed on a waiting list for a potential 2nd workshop in early December.
Okay, but who are you?
We are two coaches based in the Monadnock Region who believe in giving you real tools that you can apply to your own life.
Sonya LeClair, who runs The Reluctant Enthusiast, is a Certified Health Coach and unapologetic nerd specializing in improving physical & mental health through outdoor activity, step-by-step behavior change, and a guilt-free approach to fitness & nutrition. she bases her coaching strategies on the established benefits of physical activity, positive psychology & time outdoors. She holds a B.S. in Wildlife Biology, an M.S. in Biology, and has over 20 years of experience in wildlife, ecology, conservation & engaging people with the outdoors.
Jennifer Begley is a Certified Health & Wellness Coach and busy mom with a special interest in stress management, mindfulness, positive psychology & self-care. Her passion is driven by her strong belief that we all deserve to feel good about ourselves – even when things go wrong – and that being mindful & self-compassionate is what leads to better well-being and happiness. She holds a B.S. in Health Education & Promotion, an M.S. in Organizational Leadership, and has over 15 years of experience in community health, wellness coaching, stress management & resiliency training.
The best part?
We know that finances can be tight this time of year, so we’re offering both the program plus support through the holiday season for just $49.
By investing little more than $1 per day in yourself – less than the price of a single tea or coffee on the way to work – you’ll be on your way to improving your mood & managing stress during what can otherwise be a merciless time of year.
And while we know that it can be difficult to prioritize self-care in the midst of the chaos, isn’t it worth it to sleep better, spend less & potentially enjoy Aunt Joan’s Annual Cookie Party this season?
We sure think so! And we want to help you get there.
Ready to get started?
If you’re ready enjoy this terrific time of year, click below to THRIVE this holiday season!